An open letter to the #PPDChatArmy mamas

To my dear #PPDChatArmy Mamas,

This is my first post & I wanted to take this opportunity to tell each & every one of you how I feel about you. I could go on forever about the impact you have all had on my life but I wanted to keep it brief, so all I’m going to say is thank you.

Thank you for allowing me to share my life with you.

Thank you for reading my rants & vents & consoling me when times were tough & when the journey ahead seemed unsurmountable.

Thank you for offering support to me when I asked & especially when I didn’t.

Thank you for allowing me to offer support back to all of you.

Thank  you for sharing your life with me too.

Thank you for not judging me.

Thank you for making me feel safe.

Thank you for helping me with Selma & Patty.

Thank you for teaching me how to be a warrior mum.

Thank you for letting me disarm Velma & for all agreeing that she really is a ho.

Thank you for making me smile & cry & sometimes both at the same time.

Thank you for allowing me to feel comfortable enough to reach out.

Thank you for saving me from slipping again last year.

Thank you for giving me strength each & every day. Still.

Thank you for believing in me.

Thank you for allowing my words into your home (or work office or bathroom if you access internet from your Smartphone).

Thank you for making me feel welcome.

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Thank you for reminding me to be honest with myself. And with others.

Thank you for being there at any time day or night whenever you saw the #PPDChat hashtag on my tweets.

Thank you for helping me be ok with some of the tough decisions I have had to make.

Thank you for helping with the tough decisions I’ll have to make in the future.

Thank you for your friendship.

Thank you for your unconditional love.

Thank you for giving me the strength to take my mask off.

Thank you for making me feel important.

Thank you for making me feel part of the coolest club in town.

Thank you for not allowing me to hide.

Thank you for helping me be brave.

Thank you for your encouragement to have a voice.

Thank you for making me feel I belong.

Thank you for allowing me to say ‘today, I don’t like my child’.

Thank you for not judging me when I told you, ‘today I don’t like my child’.

Thank you for convincing me that all I have to be to my children is ‘good enough’.

Thank you for not letting me make excuses (although I’m still working on it).

Thank you for kicking arse.

Thank you for wanting to kick stigma’s arse.

Thank you for giving me strength.

Thank you all for who you are.

Thank you for everything.

One very thankful mama,

Yuz xo

PS. My kids will thank you all too one day.

Comments

1. Susan says:

My dear Yuz,
    Thank YOU. For being such an amazing friend and for reaching out and chatting with me – a perfect stranger at the time – that night I was panicked and my daughter was hysterical at bedtime. You always know just what to say and your authenticity shines through in every tweet and comment. You make the ppdchat mamas feel loved. You have changed our lives for the better too.
    Love,
    Susan

2. Charity says:

Hi! Welcome to blogging, again. You are welcome for everything above.

3. Yuz says:

Thanks @Susan & @Charity xoxo

4. Lea says:

Oh Yuz, THANK YOU! Big huge enormous gigantic loving hugs. And warn me next time I need a box of tissues when I read your blog! What a perfect first post. Love you so much.

5. Jenny says:

Yuz this is beautiful. You put into words exactly how I feel about the ppdchat army. Thank you for offering support.

6. Kimberly says:

Oh sweet Yuz,
    I am so proud of you for starting a blog. You are going to help so many women.
    And I’m thankful for you too.
    #tacopunch
    Xoxo

7. Frelle says:

Thank you, Yuz. Your words are sweet, and so many of them I can say back to you. It’s an honor to be in this fight alongside you *HUG*

8. Jaime says:

Yay! I’m so happy you’re blogging again, and I love this post. Adding your blog to my reader RIGHT NOW!!! xoxo

9. Amy says:

So beautifully written! I am excited to follow you!

• Mariam says:

You shouldn’t be asahemd, what you did was courageous. You bared yourself to help someone else. That’s something to be admirable about. Who knows one of your co-workers might just be one of the un-diagnosed that need your words of encouragement to know that there is help and hope out there. You should be so proud of yourself. =)

10. Lauren Hale says:

(HUGS)

I need Kleenex.

What an extremely powerful post. You said FAR more than just thank you.

You are loved, all the way over here in the US and from so many other places. I’m glad you’re a part of the community too and posts like this really get to me – everything you said is exactly why #PPDChat matters. You rock.

love,
    lauren

11. Frelle says:

thank you for being brave with your words so that others can be brave with theirs. For encouraging, for validating, for listening, for RTing and DMing, for participating in the community and blessing us all with your perspective and your words. Love you *HUG*

12. Jess says:

I love this post! You read my mind. There are so many times I felt so low and down and my #PPDChat mamas were there for me. I love them all!

13. Thank you. I’m glad you are a part of the international support network that is #PPDChat. Welcome back to the blogging world!

• Yuz says:

Thanks Margaret. It’s so bloody great to be back & to be welcomed back with such love & support. I am truly blessed. xoxo

• Kiyla says:

This is the page I go back to when I feel like a bad mom. (Wrong!) When I feel I can’t go on. (Wrong!) When I feel like it is just me. (Wrong!) When I feel like no one will tell the truth but me and I am all alone with a really hard truth. (Wrong!) Thanks for getitng it RIGHT, Yael.

Trackbacks

1. […] there were times I thought I was slipping, however with the help of Seon, close friends & The #PPDChatArmy I managed to keep it together & despite everything going on. The difference this time round was […]