Things I’m afraid to tell you

There are a group of bloggers who are all banding together & participating in a series of posts called “Things I’m Afraid to Tell You”. The TIATTY movement was inspired by a post from Jess Constable of Make Under My Life & Ez of Creature Comforts. If you’d like more information on the TIATTY movement, you can read Jess’ interview with Laura Rossi from the Huffington Post. You can also visit Robin at Farewell Stranger to read other TIATTY posts as well. All these women are truly amazing & inspirational & I’m so very honoured to be part of this movement.

So here goes:

* Some people are able to move on from arguments or fights & go about their daily life. I’m not one of those people. I let my feelings impact me to the point that I want to hide away from the world. And I usually do.

* I might be good at confrontation, but will probably never know because I avoid it like the plague.

* I’m really not as confident as I appear. (Depends on the situation of course).

* Sometimes I feel like I’m not a real mother because Seon works from home & often helps out during the day. I feel ashamed of this because I ‘should’ be doing it all.

* I’m pretty sure I don’t believe in God.

* I avoid. Avoidance, as much as it haunts me, provides me with a sense of protection. I consider myself a weak person because of this.

* I’ve mastered how to wear a mask.

* I still have my good days & my bad days with it comes to my depression & anxiety, but no one other than my nuclear family & very close friends will ever know that.

* I find some female relationships hard work & require a lot of energy. I just don’t have a lot of energy.

* Sometimes I don’t feel worthy enough.

* The kids bath & bed time makes me anxious every single night.

* I’m intimidated by strong (& often opinionated) women.

* I’m jealous of babies Flynn’s age that can eat finger food & ‘proper’ foods without choking or vomiting.

* Sometimes I think that I’ve deserved the pain I’ve had in my life & that I’m being punished for something.

* I don’t like the way I look, specifically my weight & my fat rolls. I’ve never been this big/heavy & I lack any motivation to do anything about it.

* I care what other people think of me no matter what I say about the matter or however much I pretend not to.

If you would like to add something that you are afraid to tell, you’re most welcome to post it here or link your blog post to the linky below.

Comments

1. Judy says:

Good on you for being so brave to post this. I’ve recently started blogging and I am still learning to feel comfortable posting some things. Not up to this level of confession yet, but I admire you for doing so. I enjoy your blog Yuz. Thanks for sharing.

2. Yep, no surprise, but ALL of that.

• Jonothan says:

I am so glad you are feeling btteer. Depression and anxiety are my arch nemesis’ and I can’t stand to hear about other people going through what I have been through. It’s awful. my heart aches for them.It’s funny. I didn’t experience anything more than a day or two of “blues” with my first two. It was my last two pregnancies that threw me for a loop. I, too, am on the mend. Just went of anti-depressants after two years of them and am doing good. I, too, am on a mission to help others find HOPE. Come over and join me on my blog. I would love to have you guest post sometime if you want to. http://www.melaniesmethodicalmusings.blogspot.comMelanie

3. Suze says:

Hey Yuz,

I love ya. I’m with you on the anxious bed time routine…I’m soooooo with you.

4. You’re one of the most honest and real people I know, and I’m so glad you chose to express yourself that way through this link-up. Proud of you for doing so and honoured to be participating with you. xo

5. Tracie says:

I have a hard time moving on from arguments, too. I keep replaying it in my mind over and over again, wondering what I could or should have said differently. Avoidance, masks, feeling unworthy or intimidated – yes, yes, yes, yes. I struggle with all those things.

You don’t deserve pain in your life. No matter what.

• Frandy says:

discovered Good Enough is the New Perfect, and liked it so much I submitted my own story. Since I have ieusss with trying to be perfect, the idea of opening up the dialogue on how working

• Elvin says:

is Robin @MamaRobinJ of Farewell, Stranger (Seen here next to me.) You might remember Robin from this guest post about her asdismion of PPD and this follow-up post. I LOVE her! She’s even more wonderful in person.Anyway, we both

• Sonia says:

here next to me.) You might remember Robin from this guest post about her adimssion of PPD and this follow-up post. I LOVE her! She’s even more wonderful in person.Anyway, we both lovea0Band Back Together,

6. You are beautiful and I adore you.

That is all. 😉

• Guille says:

I’m taking your adivce today! My husband will be at class tonight. Just me and my three boys who will bake a cake, make sandwiches and oven fries together and eat, relive fun moments and share our love with each other. Maybe we’ll throw in a movie and build a tent in the living room. Tonight, I’m going to “just be”. Thanks Amber, for all that you do.

• is Robin @MamaRobinJ of Farewell, Stranger (Seen here next to me.) You might remember Robin from this guest post about her adossiimn of PPD and this follow-up post. I LOVE her! She’s even more wonderful in person.Anyway, we both

7. Doa says:

This is an awesome post. I have filnlay gotten to the “Land of Hope and Giggling.” I live here,now. It is AMAZING. But I would have never gotten here if I hadn’t learned how not to fight, sometimes. Knowing how to let it go every now and then is essential. Plus, it means that by the time you’ve struggled to a better place (you will) that you know how to lay down the sword and stop fighting. Some women spend way too much time fighting simply because they don’t know how not to and they begin to define themselves as “fighter” instead of “overcomer.” This subtle difference can wreck being able to move full-time to the “Land of Hope and Giggling.”

Trackbacks

1. My Homepage says:

… [Trackback]…

[…] Infos to that Topic: notjustaboutwee.com/2012/06/14/things-im-afraid-to-tell-you/ […]…