A friend of mine, Andrea of ‘Good Girl Gone Redneck‘ fame has started her own Linky/bloghop. It’s going to be a series of blog posts that will focus on Moments of Motherhood & this one’s about the times when ‘you know you’re a mum when’….
So here goes. You know you’re a mum when:
* Going to the grocery store without the kids is considered a treat & you take your time just because you can
* The term ‘sleeping like a baby’ is so completely irritating you could punch anyone that says it
* When you talk to yourself in public because you think your kids are with you
* You give another mum that knowing look as their child is having a tantrum in public
* You receive knowing looks when your child is having a public meltdown
* You’ve had all body fluids on you in a 24 hour period
* When an exciting night consists of vegging out on the couch reading/watching trash
* When you’re in the grocery store rocking the trolley back & forth because you think it’s a pram
* You hear a baby’s cry 50m away & it’s not yours
* You loiter in the baby section of department stores & grocery stores like you used to look at handbags, shoes & make up
* When getting your hair ‘done’ means using an actual hairdryer & not just natures hairdryer
* When you have a dance party in the kitchen while cooking dinner. At 5pm.
* When leaving the house requires planning & a mental checklist of things to take with you: bottles, snacks, water bottles, nappies & toys
* When you text your friends exciting news about Nappies being on sale
* When you feel guilty for absolutely everything you do & everything you don’t do for your kids
* When you only go to the toilet when you can feel your bladder bulging out of your pants or when your kidneys start getting sharp pains
* When you start calling holidays ‘changes of scenery’
* When groundhog day isn’t just a movie title
* When you say ‘taaaa’ instead of ‘thank you’ to anyone other than your toddler
Anyone else want to share their own Moments of Motherhood (MOM) with us?